You watched a really cool dress worn by a celebrity. And now you want to have your hands on that in any case possible. How would you do that?
Well, I know, even before I complete writing this sentence, you would think about ‘googling’ it.
Just in a similar way, in a world that feeds on online content. Being online is the only option that you have got. And if that’s the case, imagine thousands of brands competing for a single spot to get that exact customer.
So how do win in such a crowded place?
You win through Search Engine Optimization. Without SEO, there is no way you can compete and actually hit a conversion online.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization or rather SEO is a set of practices, an online business platform does to bag the top position online.
When you are at the top, quite logically you get more traffic. And more people visiting your site yields more conversion. As simple as that.
But trying good SEO isn’t that simple, it’s much more than just keyword searches that people do on the surface level.
With SEO, comes optimizing your content in a way that is engaging as well as delivers your intentions right to the customers.
If you are looking for why exactly SEO is important, let me make it easier for you:
- First and foremost, it gives you inbound leads: Nothing is more charming than generating inbound leads. Because the people who visit your site already know about you. So, in a way, they are more prospective than calling cold leads.
- Secondly, more traffic means more sales: The probability of getting a conversion with 100 visitors is mathematically and simply more than with a single visitor.
- Establishes your business credibility: When your business appears on the first page of google search results, it establishes your brand as credible and authentic.
- Local SEO yields more results: According to research,4 out of 5 customers look for local products/services online. So local SEO optimization would do wonders for your business, ensuring high conversion figures.
- Gives you referrals: Getting referrals from similar businesses is very important in expanding your business, which SEO offers.
- Increases brand value: Quite frankly, when you top the result page, people value your brand and become more willing to pay extra.
Now, speaking of Search Engine Optimization, there are basically three types of SEO, that are available to digital marketers.
So, let’s have a brief look at that:
- On-Page SEO: This type of SEO deals with optimizing a specific page on a site. So, the search engine understands what’s written in it and whether or not the site contains valuable information. The main three components of On-page SEO deals with: Keyword research, Content creation, and Keyword optimization.
- Off-Page SEO: It deals with the backlinks you generate and other sites linking up to you. This builds up trustworthiness and makes your site look more authentic to retrieve information.
- Technical SEO: It deals with how you make your page readable. This is easier to navigate through for the customers that are there for you, online. It looks after the site speed, how easily it crawled into, and also looks through the site architecture.
The fullest advantage of inbound marketing can truly be exploited when your page is search engine optimized.
With better search engine optimization, you know that your business stands a chance to rank amongst the top and make conversions real fast. And that’s why businesses need SEO.